Divergant vs The Hunger Games

Divergent vs The Hunger Games

**Note** I recommend both films and I'm not saying that they bot aren't worth watching because they both are. And these are my optinions. 

Both The Hunger Games and Divergant are set in a dystopian future that is trying to survive after a war. The films have a similar genre but in my opinion the films are quite different. 

Divergent is about a girl called Tris who has come to the point in her life where she has to decide her future. However, in the society she lives in, she can only be one mind set and when her test results are inconclusive she has to hide the fact she is a Divergant from everyone. She later chooses the Dauntless and defies her family in the process. Although I personally thought the film had a slow start it did pick up and as it did we really got to know the characters although it is unclear why Tris chose Dauntless. I think the concept of the film is original and I can't wait for the next one to see what society has in store for Tris after she reveals she is Divergant. I think the key theme discussed in this film is individuality and freedom and it shows that people should not be confined to be one thing.

The Hunger Games is set in a world where the Capitol, the rich and wealthy, force a boy and a girl from each district to fight to the death to remember an uprising lead by the districts. When Katniss's sister is entered for the games she bravely volunteers as tribute and has to fight alongside Peeta in order to survive. When her a Peeta beat the system and are the first pair to win the games she is seen as a threat by the Capitol and has to fake a relationship with Peeta to survive. When she is unfairly entered for the games again as she is seen as a threat she uses her skills and bravery to escape the arena but Peeta was not so lucky. I'm so excited for the next film to come out in November becaus if it is anything like the books I know it will be amazing.

So my overall opinion? Personally I think the Hunger Games is better as the characters emotions are easier to understand and the plot is more gripping and easy to follow (and I love Jennifer Lawrence) but I still enjoyed Divergant and I will be seeing the next film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment