#teenblogsunite #4 - Baking



Ok so I'm just gonna put it out there that I'm not the best baker in the world. I don't really have a lot of time to do so and when I do I need it to be quick and simple. One of my favouite things to bake are Ginger Biscuits because they are super easy and are super yummy as well. Let's get started then...

Ingredients 

  • 125g softened margarine or butter
  • 125g demerara or dark brown soft sugar
  • 1 egg yolk (if you can't seperate it just add the White)
  • 1 tablespoon golden syrup
  • 180g self raising flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger

Equipment 

Mixing bowl
Whisk
Baking tray
Grease proof paper
Teaspoon
Tablespoon
Scales 
Sieve
Wooden spoon

Method 

  1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Cut the grease proof paper to fit the tray. If you don'thave grease proof paper use a thin amount of butter or oil. 
  2. Cream the butter and sugar with the whack. When they are done they should be beaten together till they resemble the consistency of whipped cream.
  3. Beat in the egg yolk and syrup with the butter and sugar.
  4. Combine the ginger and the flour. Sieve into the butter mixture and fold together gently.
  5. Spoon walnut sized balls onto the prepared tray, then flatten each slightly with the back of a fork or just use a spoon or your hands... It works either way.
  6. Bake the biscuits in the oven for about 12-17 minutes or until they are golden brown.

See what I mean? So simple. What do you guys like to bake and what to you think of this recipe? 

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin here, love Georgie xx

3 comments:

  1. Oooh. I love baking, and I've never had ginger cookies before (that I know of) so these are so interesting! Seems like a pretty easy, fool-proof recipe too. Thanks for sharing!

    Elizabeth
    www.episeofcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I nominated you for the Liebster Award :)
    http://timewithyana.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-liebster-award.html
    Can't wait to read your answers!

    ReplyDelete