Revision Techniques


Hey guys! As some of you may already know it's very nearly exam season (eek!). Revising can be a lot harder than it seems with a huge number of distractions and the fact it's quite boring. So it bought I'd share a few techniques that I use to help me revise. 

1. Writing key facts on post it notes is a good idea... Unless you write them and never look at them again. To make sure I don't do this I place them around my mirror because I use it every morning when I put on my makeup. That way I'm frequently reading what I wrote on the post it note.

2. If you're the kind of person that has to have some sort of background sound make a playlist on your phone of songs you want to listen to and play it out loud. This way you won't want to skip songs so you'll be less likely to be distracted by the other things on your phone. I often play ever a film of TV show that I've seen hundreds of times. You know the ones you know all the words to. This way you won't be distracted because you already know what happens. 

3. Make sure your phone is on airplane mode. This way no one can distract you and you'll get so much more work done. 

4. Take regular breaks. I know people say this all the time but it really is pretty important. If your not taking regular breaks then your not going to be fully focused so your not going to learn. You should also drink plenty as well. 

5. Books are better than technology. Let's be honest you're going to get way more distracted by a computer than you are a book. It has all the information you need minus the distractions. Trust me, it will work. 

So these are my top five revision techniques. What are your best revision techniques? And what exams are you studying for? Let me know in the comments. 

Thanks for reading, 
Love Georgie xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment