Why You Shouldn't Stress Over Exams


It's exam season and I know so many people (me inculded) that are painting so badly that they can't put in 110% effort. I was having a talk with my mum (yes this blogpost in inspired by my mother) trying to calmed me down about exams. I have to say she was surprisingly right about everything she said which got me thinking, maybe I help someone else whose painting about exams realise that it's not the end of the world if you fail. So here are some of the tips I want to share with you. 

1. Even if you fail, there are plenty of other options for you. I know it's a bit rich coming from me considering my huge fear of failure but you can just talk to your college or school. I'm considering dropping maths and taking an AS and A2 in environmental studies in one year. If you just ask them what they can offer you you'll find lots of options you didn't even know about. 

2. Revise. This goes without saying but if you put in more effort I will boost your confidence and make you believe you know more. 

3. Take days off. If you have a day out every now and then you will be able to relieve some of the stress. Even if you just get out of the house for a few hours it will really help. 

4. When revising try to eat healthy. I feel like if I eat lots of sweets and chocolate when revising it makes me feel kinda worse (in a guilty way) so I feel worse about my work. It sounds so stupid but it helps. 

5. You're not going to be amazing at every topic. If you're a bit of a perfectionist like me, you'll want to be A* at every topic in your subject. Let's be honest, it's completely unrealistic. Don't worry about the stuff you can't do. As long as you can get one or two marks it will be fine. You'll make up for it in the topic you know best!!! Like in maths, I suck at trip and the trapezium rule but I kick ass at coordinate geometry. 

So these are my top five tips on how to not get stressed about exams. Trust me, when you're finished, you're going to wonder why you got so stressed. And for those of you taking GCSEs, you'll do fine. If you don't get the grades you want 9/10, if you speak to your college they'll let you on your course. You may be on a two month trial period but it's still the course you wanted! Also I'm not saying don't revise, I am 110% saying that but don't get stressed about it! 

Speak to you soon, 
Love Georgie xxx

2 comments:

  1. I really need to remember that there will be tons of other options and this is so small compared to all the other great things I will achieve in life. Great post x
    eastofsiam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too. You completely forget about you other options when your trying so hard for your exams... And thank you xxxx

      Delete