Why I Wear Makeup


Now, I wear makeup everyday. It ranges from full on heavy makeup to more natural makeup. However I still get comments like "wow, you have a lot of makeup on" or "why do you need to wear makeup". It's even got the point where whenever I stay round someone's house everyone's asking for pictures of me without makeup. Let me just get one thing straight, I wear makeup because I've been picked on in the past about the way I look and it just makes me feel more comfortable and confident when I wear it. I don't wear it to impress people... I wear it for me which is the most important thing. I find makeup a confidence booster personally and honestly, I don't appreciate people commenting on it considering I don't have bright orange skin, fake lashes and clown like blusher. I will admit I am known to wear bright lipstick but that's just me. I love adding colour to any outfit in anyway I can which is normally bright red lipstick. So do I need to be told that I'm wearing too much makeup ... NO!!! I mean I've even been called a slapper in the past which is totally uncalled for. If I'm being brutally honest, I am one of only a few girls in our friendship group that wears makeup so it's defiantly more noiticable but I'm not trying to impress anyone or get attention. I'm just trying to feel happy in my own skin without feeling self conscious about everyone looking at me and laughing which has happened in the past. I also love the idea of being able to use makeup for specific costumes and themes to change who you are completely. I'm not saying that if you don't wear makeup you look ugly or horrible, I'm trying to say that it's up to you how you look. If you wanna go bare face, natural or full goth I don't care as long as it makes you happy and confident which it does for me. 

Do you guys wear makeup and how often do you wear it? 

Speak to you soon, 
Love Georgie xxx

6 comments:

  1. I've had the same experiences, I always felt minor to everyone else when I didn't wear make up, I use it mostly to cover up my acne (because I'm 21 and no one wants a 21 year old with bad acne) zo it makes me feel confident it's all covered up. Because you take away most of the dept in your face when you apply foundation and concealer, I love adding a bit of bronzer/contour and blush, fill in my eyebrows (but nothing too crazy) and doing my eye make up is just something I really like so yeah. People comment on it but hey, I like doing it so I will. I only go bare face with people I really trust and I know won't look weird when they see my spots, e.g. when I go swimming and stuff. I also find doing my make up relaxing therapeutic hehe :D

    great post! x

    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I defiantly agree with you there ... If it makes you feel more confident do what makes you happy xxx

      Delete
  2. This is so true, I get really paranoid that people are judging me by my make-up being one day of the only people in my friend group that likes make-up. This was a really nice post to read x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it makes me really nervous about what people are going to say ... With and without makeup! I'm glad you enjoyed the post xx

      Delete
  3. I recently started wearing make up, and I find I get a lot of comments. At first I thought I was wearing it wrong, but then it became clear that because a lot of my friends go barefaced, they thought I should too. I work in a male dominated industry, and if I'm having a bad skin day so wear a full face of makeup I get all sorts of comments asking "who are you trying to impress" - the answer is no one! You're right- people should be able to wear however much or little as they want without being subjected to questions and comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% agree! I get comments like this all the time and I'm never trying to impress anyone other than myself ... It's so frustrating

      Delete