Five Things To Ask A University

Hey guys. So recently I've been visiting a lot of university's and I hit a wall when they asked me if I had any questions. I mean I should have questions right? I mean this is the rest of my life and I'm just standing here not being able to ask anything. So after attending a range of lectures and talks I made a list of questions to ask them. So here are my top five ... 

1. Is the course accredited? This means its recognised by a society which will look much better on your CV and will look more impressive to employers. 

2. How many students get a job after university? If the statistics are low then you should be asking why or look at a different university. 

3. What does the university look for in a personal statement? Different universities looks for different things. Some are really focused on grades where as others are more interested in you and what you have on your CV. 

4. Do they offer a sandwhich year or work placements? Taking a sandwhich year is In between years 2 and 3 where you take a year out in industry. This look really good on your CV and employers love the fact you have experience. 

5. Are there any movement on grades? I've been to university's that say they accept AAB but have said they actually accept BBB. If you have a lot of voluntary work and work experience in that area they might offer you lower grades. 

So these are my top five questions to ask at a university open day. Do you agree with these or have anything else to add? Let me know in the comments. 

Speak to you soon, 
Love Georgie xxx

2 comments:

  1. They're great questions to ask. I didn't have any questions to ask when I went to my university open day, I wish I'd asked about my personal statement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the things that slipped my mind too ... I didn't realise different unis looked for different things xx

      Delete