How To NOT Fail A Job Interview

Hey guys. I know it's been a while but guess what ... I got a job!!!! Seeing as I got hired and started THE NEXT DAY I thought I'd share some tips from past experiences and things I learnt from college and other places on how to not fail your job interview. I was going to call this "how to nail a job interview" but even if you do a job interview perfectly you still might not get the job. It could be your age avail lite or lack of experience. Don't worry if you don't get the job, just think of it as a experience to learn from. So here are my top five tips on not failing a job interview. 

1. Don't be late. If your late to your interview, your interviewer is going to think you'll be late to work 

2. Always bring a copy of your CV. Your interviewer probably hasn't gone to the trouble of prints out your CV or whatever so when they ask for it and you don't have one ... You're going to look underprepared.

3. Do your research. Your interviewer is going to ask you questions about the company your applying for so make sure you know what they sell and some background information. This will also help you think of questions they might ask you as well. 

4. Ask your friends or family what your best/worst qualities are. You're probably not aware of what they are so its better to ask someone who knows you as this is a super common question. 

5. Dress to impress. This isn't so social event so light makeup and smart clothing. The clothing will depend on what your applying for. If you're applying for retail then wear clothes from their shop or clothes that suit what they sell. If it's more food then wear plain black trousers and smart top and flats. 

So these are my top five tips. Let me know if you agree or have any extra to add in the comments. 

Speak to you soon, 
Love Georgie xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment