Planning My Future???


Before the start of the summer holidays, we had a bun of talk about UCAS and applying for university. Now most of my friends have everything sorted out. They know exactly  where they want to be in five years time and how they're going to get there. I've always thought it was ok to not know these things but it turns out I'm mistaken. I feel this huge pressure to chose my course and which uni life is risky I want to go to when in reality I'm more confused than ever. I've narrowed mopey course down to biology, environmental science or a combination of them both. But there still more thinking to be done. I then need to sort out all the uni open days and figure out which course is best where and how much this will all cost. If I hear one more word about this from anyone my head my explode. 

I also feel like my college has given me little/no guidance or help. I think they expect me to know exactly what I want from life when the reality is I don't even know what I want for lunch. I have so many questions I want answered. How do I know this course is for me? How much experience do I need? How do I wrote a personal statement? But then again what do I expect from college. This is the college that told me to "it could be worse" when I was being bullied so I don't expect them to care in any way about my future. I feel like if someone sat down and bothered to talk to me about see big decisions then I might be able to think of something. 

There's also the issue of how far away from home to study. We have an excellent uni right on our door step. I love the course and I love the place but I'm not sure I want to go there. I feel like if I study at home I won't ever leave. I hate the idea of growing up and loving in the same area without experiencing any independence or other places. I know studying at home is a better idea for saving money. Am I being stupid in saying that? 

Are any of you going though this right now with uni? Or have you already been through this let me know in the comments. 

Sorry about that, I'm having a meltdown about this. 
Speak to you soon, 

Love Georgie xxx



2 comments:

  1. I am kind of going through the same thing because I will be graduating high school this year and don't know what I want to be. I guess we just have to do whatever we have a passion for, right?
    Jenna Marie | jennamarie98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean. I would love to work with animals in someway I'm just not sure what course to do or what job in the future. There's just so much to think about. Nice to know it's not just me who's confused. Xxx

      Delete