MY THOUGHTS ON THE U.S. ELECTION


Ok before we start two things. One, I know I haven't posted in forever but I have been really busy. Two, yes I know this isn't my normal post but I feel that politics is so,etching we should all talk about and get involve sin. We are lucky to have a democracy and there are people that would kill for the chance to vote and we should not take it for granted. I never thought I would see the day I wanted a Clinton to be the leader of the most powerful nation in the world but that happened. How did a man who has cared nothing but himself not even to mention the racial, homophobic and sexist slurs become the president of America. It has made me question the state of the American voters because to me it stemmed the obvious choice. Obviously I am aware that if his idea is stupid (like building a giant wall) then congress will step in but how did this happen. It's like us voting Nigel Farage as PM. 

Despite all the racism, homophobia etc. the main thing that makes my blood boil more than anything is that he doesn't believe in climate change. I know it doesn't sound as important as him bragging about sexually assaulting women (which is a really serious issue by the way and I'm not trying to undermine that at all) but how can you as a leader of a nation deny this scientifically proven fact and say you're going to restart the American coal insdustry. To me that is utter stupidity and makes me fear not just for America but for the rest of the world. My main passion is the environment and for a man to say it's fine and nothing's going to happen to me is ludicrous. My main fear is that he backs out of signing the Paris agreement because without Americas signature we will not stop climate change with this agreement. Plain and simple. 

So when I was watching is winning speech (hell must of frozen over) he said something along the lines of he was going no to make change for all Americans. Trump has never done anything for anyone else he just does things for himself. He's a businessman who is part of the 1%. I hate to breK it to you but he will only be interested in making money and I don't think he will care about the Americans struggling financially. If he does do something to help those people I will eat my words but at this point in time he has shown me nothing to indicate he will. 

I accept there is nothing we can do now ... America you have made your bed and now you have to lie in it. I accept the fact he is a businessman and I'm hoping this will give the chance to make good deals for his country. Let's just hope the sexism, homophobia and racism isn't as much of an issue as we hoped. As well as causing the least amount of damage to the environment as possible. The main good thing is the UK isn't the laughing stock of the world anymore... That crown goes to you America.

What's your thoughts on this election. Even though I'm not Ameican I think it's still important because our relationship with America is very important. I just hope Trump proved everything I just said wring for the sake of his country. 

(please don't hate me for this post it's just my opinion)

Speak to you soon, 
Love Georgie xxx

*not my image*

0 comments:

Post a Comment